Monday, July 18, 2011

If at first you don't succeed...

Try, Try Again!
We will be doing just that in about one month (August 17th) with one of the Frozen Embryo's from the last cycle.  Luckily this go round isn't nearly as invasive, time consuming or painful.
All I have to do is start taking some Estrogen shots on August 1st, only 1 shot every 3 days.  Then on August 12th,  I start up the dreaded Progesterone shots again and take those everyday until
D Day (pregnancy test day)! 
As hard as it was at first for me to be patient and wait to try again, all of this time off has been really nice. It has been so great to not have to think about it all the time and not have my life revolve around IVF for awhile. 

We get to go on fun date nights like the one we had on Friday:  Dinner at a little Italian restaurant,  went to see Wicked at the Kennedy Center and then walked to go get some ice cream afterwards, perfect!
No cutting things short to run home and get a shot :)  

On the Balcony of the Kennedy Center during intermission, what a beautiful night it was!

Roosevelt Island & Roslyn in the distance

View of the Georgetown Waterfront from the Kennedy Center

We leave for Nantucket on Saturday and will be there for 8 days.  Then I am home for 1 day and then leave again to go to Utah for a week, I am SOOOOO excited for both trips. 
 I think the time away to relax on the beach will be GREAT for both Winship and I. 
Then going to Utah will be a much needed refresher.  I miss Utah and all that comes with it so much!  This has been the longest amount of time away that I have ever had and I am MORE than ready to fly into Utah and see those beautiful mountains and breath the fresh Utah air!
Not to mention meet my new niece that should be joining us in this world any day now! :)
Yay, Michael & Nicole!!!

Hopefully going into this Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycle refreshed and rejuvenated after all my time away will help me stay cool, calm and collected during the whole process; especially during the awful two week wait.
I feel like going into this cycle I will be much better at controlling my emotions and not letting my hopes and expectations get to high, I know all too well what can happen. 
This time around I am going in with the motto of  
Plan for the worst; Hope for the Best!
What do you all think?

   

3 comments:

  1. I think I like the plan and that you are coming to Utah. We should plan a hike to Lake Mary. Are you bringing Henry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, so jealous of Nantucket!!! that is on my bucket list of places to go. bummed that i won't get to see you in UT :( Think that is a good motto this time around, but i have a good feeling about it all. Really. Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sasquatch! you have been in my heart & prayers all day! cant wait to see how it went! Love you BFB

    ReplyDelete