Monday, April 11, 2011

A day in the life..

of Mrs. Ross!
(that's me at work) 
Today has been a ridiculous day here at NPS!
One of my many roles her is "school nurse" and although I am not a nurse in real life, I act as one here at work.  Don't worry, I don't do anything serious that a REAL nurse would do...I just hand out Band-Aids, bags of ice and take temperatures when kids aren't feeling well.
TODAY however; has been a dozy.
When it gets warmer outside I get more injuries, so I have given out plenty of Band-Aids,bags of ice, even had to remove a splinter today, but what has made my day so ridiculous is this:   
HEAD LICE!
We had an outbreak here at NPS that all started with the Softball Team, who had a game last Thursday. The girls all share helmets when they go up to bat...YUCK 
Then two of those girls had a sleepover with their whole grade at another girls house this weekend. 
So today I have probably checked 50+ heads for Lice sent 12 girls home with confirmed cases, and have 2 with suspicious activity (lot so dandruff can't tell if there is any lice) 
Now my head ITCHES! 
What a day!!!  

1 comment:

  1. you make the perfect "school nurse". aren't they always supposed to be young and hot? at least what the boys hope for and probably why they claim sick. lice makes me want to cringe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete