I have a couple posts in the works but annoyingly I don't have any pictures to document them...Not that I didn't take any pictures because I DID!
However, I had Jury Duty on Monday (I didn't get called, just sat there all day, BORING!) as I was going through the metal detector to get into the DC Court House they stopped me and made me take my camara out of my purse and leave it with them (why, I don't know) I just did what the security officer said and gave him the camera...Then at 3:00pm when they let me leave I just rushed out the door excited to be getting out of there and totally forgot my camera. It wasn't until I got all the way home that I realized what I had done, I was SO ANNOYED!
The DC court house is not easy to get to, I took the Metro down there because there is NOWHERE to park so the thought of going all the way back down just to get my camera was too much, I WILL go get it, I just haven't yet... AHHH
ANYWAYS....
I went with Catherine (the girl that lives in our basement and has become a good friend of mine) to an event called Taste of the South on Saturday night.
It is such a fun event that celebrate all the Southern States with a Black Tie party. There are a lot of people from all over the Nation (and well world) in DC. There is also have a huge Southern population and most of them work on Capitol Hill. They all put this event together to raise money for each of their respective States. This year's event took place at the DAR Constitution Hall.
Each State has a booth:
Where they have all sorts of donated items that are up for grabs and a menu of delicious food from their State...YUM!
Florida, for example, had oranges, salt water taffy, and key lime pies available for guests. Meanwhile, Texas had tables full of BBQ platters
The overall theme of the evening was “City Lights, Southern Nights” and each individual state offered its own take on things. Arkansas, for example, advertised a state theme of “Down on Main Street” and Kentucky invited attendees to experience a “Night in the Bluegrass”.
After everyone was finished with the free for all and the delicious dinner, the band kicked in and everyone danced the night away!
Here is Catherine and her date for the night, gotta love a man in uniform, good work Catherine!
All the girls that came with us (except Catherine, she must have been busy with her cute date during this picture, ha ha! )
Caught chatting with with new friends...
It was such a fun night, thank you Catherine for forcing me to get out of my PJ's on a rainy Saturday night and into a dress! I had so much fun and am sooooo glad you had an extra ticket!!!
* all photos courtesy of REVAMP a company that goes to social events and takes pictures of everyone...kinda random, but I am glad I could use their pictures to document the night!











No comments:
Post a Comment