Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MLK Weekend: Wedding in Tahoe

Winship and I went to Tahoe, CA (Squaw Valley) this past weekend for his friend Ethan's wedding. It was such a beautiful winter wedding at such a fun location.

On Saturday before the wedding festivities began  Winship and I walked around and checked out the Village at Squaw Valley.  It is really nice and big with lots of shops, restaurants and such. Plus the view of the mountain was amazing!

It was super sunny and warm (for January) so we of course had to stop and sit in the sun to soak up some winter rays! 

The wedding was "Formal Attire" Here is Winship and I, all dressed up!

The Beautiful Bride , Liisa

Winship with the Groom, Ethan



 

Winship with some college friends and their wives/girlfriends
 

Winship and I during the dinner
 The wedding reception was so much fun. They had this great 80's cover band that everyone had a great time dancing to, especially me! 

On Sunday, Winship and I went skiing. This was my first time ever skiing somewhere other than Utah and to be honest I felt kind of like a trader...
However, I can now verify that Utah skiing is in fact much better than Tahoe. The resort was big and beautiful with tons of lifts BUT the snow was nowhere near as good as Utah's snow. In fact, the snow was pretty crappy (probably because it was like 50 degrees on the mountain)  but it was super slushy and really heavy and hard to ski in.
Thus, something good came out of me being a trader...
 I can now say that Utah does in fact have the Greatest Snow on Earth!
Well at least better than California snow...  





 


2 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful in the black dress, CLASSY! How far we have come since our days harassing motorcyclist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here to there, there to here! you have such a fun jet setting life. Ditto to Megs, you look stunning in that gown.

    ReplyDelete