Monday, January 31, 2011

Smithsonian Museums

It was another freezing and gray weekend here in DC (boo) and Winship and I were trying to think of something fun (and warm) to do...
 We decided to take advantage of one of the perks of living in DC and headed down to the National Mall and went to a couple of the Smithsonian Museums. We started out at the American History Museum and saw some cool exhibits(The Price of Freedom; Americans at War, Abraham Lincoln: An Extraordinary Life, Bon Appetit! Julia Child's Kitchen, The Kennedy's 50 Years Ago)

  Then we went next door to the Natural History Museum to see this: 

It was AMAZING!
  I couldn't believe how many different types and colors of orchids there were, I loved it! 
Aren't they Beautiful!?! 



I figure, now that I been to this exhibit, maybe, just maybe, I may have channeled my inner green thumb and will now be an orchid expert...(or atleast just be able to keep my new one alive!)...Here's hoping!

2 comments:

  1. I love orchids! Thanks for sharing these pics! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEALOUS...I love spending the day at a museum its so enlightening!

    ReplyDelete