Well, we are about to begin the whole process of IVF and I am seriously sooo EXCITED!!! I can't tell you last time (if ever) I have been excited to start my period but yesterday when it came I was thrilled. I immediately called my nurse to let her know so we could get this party started! ha ha
The first steps aren't too exciting but they are first steps non-the-less!
On Wednesday 5/4, I start taking birth control pills (seems counterproductive to me but whatever they say goes...) which I will be on for 2 or 3 weeks then the hormone injections begin (yikes!)
When the eggs are all mature and ready I take a "trigger" shot and then 36 hours later I go in for the Egg Retrieval Procedure. They put me under for this procedure and go in and take out all my newly created eggs. Then they fertilize the eggs that day with some of Winship's swimmers through a process called ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection).
Then they watch the eggs that are now EMBRYO'S (Yay!) for anywhere between 3 to 6 days. They will be looking for a clear winner. When they see one they will call me back in and we will do the Embryo Transfer. Put that little 200 cell baby into my Uterus and hope and pray that it survives!
THEN: We just wait TWO WEEKS to see if it works :)
Today I scheduled my "Mock Embryo Transfer" for May 10th, where they go in and practice how they are going to inject the Winning Embryo into my Uterus.
I also signed Winship and I up for the "Injection Training Class" on May 18th. So we, mostly Winship, knows exactly what to do and how to give me those dreaded shots.
We couldn't be more excited to get this whole process started! I am feeling very positive and optimistic about everything, I just know everything is going to work out! :) I am really hopefully that it will take on the first shot and am getting excited about the possibility of a March baby! :) But also realize that this may not be the case...so I am trying not to get overly excited, it's a tough balance!
They will let me know my exact schedule in a few days so I will know when all the BIG procedures are and when the shots and everything start, I am so anxious to know. It will seem so real when we actually have dates!
I will keep you all posted!
Make sure to send us your positive baby thoughts!!!!
xo,
Michelle
Good luck Michelle! I can't wait to hear how it all goes! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending as many positive baby thoughts possible!!! I will call you this week to hear about everything! I love and miss you!!!!! Good luck this week!!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about this and too was just going to call you. Thanks for updating us. Lots of positive thoughts from me to you!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to be moving forward! I too will be sending all baby thoughts your way.
ReplyDelete