Yesterday my BIG box of medications came in the mail. Above is all the medicine/hormones I will be injecting into my body.
*The bag on the left is full of syringes'...Ouch! *
I even have one of those medical waste bins to dispose of my used needles in...
(I just re-read that sentence, wow how weird!)
On Wednesday, Winship and I went to our Injection Training class, and well... to say the least it was INTENSE.
I found it pretty overwhelming, it was the first time in a while that I have felt anything but excited about this whole process.
I start off by getting two shots a day in my stomach and going in every other morning to get monitored. When they tell me to I add another shot to bring me to a whopping three shots a day. Then I start going in EVERY morning to be monitored. When the Eggs reach certain size they tell me to stop the shots, I go in for one last monitoring. They mark an X on my back/upper buttocks. That night at a very specific time (36 hours before my egg retrival) I have to get the "trigger" shot. NOW this is the one that made me the most nervous.
It is an intramuscular shot and the needle is big and long!
I watched Winship practice giving the shot (twice) and I am pretty sure that was a mistake. Seeing that large needle be pushed in so slowely and take just as long to be pulled out is giving me anxiety!!!
---ANYWAYS---
I go to the doctor on Monday morning for my Pre-IVF Evaluatation and if everything looks good they give me the go ahead to start the shots on Thursday, May 26th!
I am going to get a little emotional now...I am having this internal battle lately (since the class) with how I a feeling. I am super excited to do this and so optimistic that everything will work out. I am such a planner that I can't help but think about:
What the baby will be ...
Then if it's a boy or a girl what would I name it...
How would I decorate the Nursery...
When it would be due (early March if my calculations are correct)
What will I be like as a pregnant lady???
and so on and so on...I can't help it!
BUT then I have these fleeting moments where I think about "THE" appointment where I find out the outcome and think about how terribly sad I would be if it didn't work.
Then I remember that it is only a 60% chance that it will work on the first try. So then I try not to let myself get excited, BUT I can't help it!
I figure it is in my best interest to be positive and optimistic and to let myself plan... Because that is WHO I AM and what I do...Right?
Or do you think I am setting myself up for disappointment???
AHHH, I don't know...
I think I just need to take this weekend off and try my best to not think about any of it at all.
I hope you all have a: Very
and a Wonderful Weekend!
Xo,
Michelle


good luck Michelle Marie!!!! I have been thinking about you daily and am praying everything works!!! Please keep me posted on every step!!! I love and miss you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMichelle it will work. I can't wait for your good news! :)
ReplyDeleteholy smokes that is lots of meds! but don't you feeling so full of knowledge about conception?! i mean not every one knows all the steps and such even if your a mother of three ;) love you and still thinking about you with positive vibes daily.
ReplyDeleteYou brave women. You will be a great mother because you will truly cherish every moment with your baby because of what you will go through to get them. Keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDelete