As we move into November, the month of Thanksgiving, we have been talking to the kids a lot about being thankful and all that we have to be grateful for here at school.
In doing so, I realized that I have so much more to learn about being thankful than the kids do. Thinking back on this past year and all that Winship and I have done, I realized that I spent way too much time wishing and hoping for something that I don't have and not nearly enough time being grateful for what I do have...
With that in mind I have decide to dedicate Thursdays' on my blog to being tHaNkFuL!
Every Thursday I am going to make a list of things that I am {thankful} for and try not to repeat anything from a previous week.
This weeks list:
1. HENRY, my adorable puppy dog.
He makes me laugh and smile every single day. He is always soooo happy to see me and has so much love to give. Plus he forces me to get outside and walk everyday-even when I am tired and not in the mood- and of course I always feel much better after getting some fresh air and exercise!
2. FALL
I love the Fall Season, the beautiful changing colors, the sunny & crisp days, pulling out sweaters for the first time, pumpkins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice latte's (okay everything about pumpkins...) the sound of walking through the crunchy fallen leaves, football games, my Happy Birthday and I could go on and on. I love everything about the Fall, well except that it means cold weather is just around the corner...
3. MY JOB
Working at an elementary school is such a fun and rewarding place to work. It is nearly impossible to be in a bad mood here, the kids always find a way to cheer me up. Whether with a random compliment: "Mrs. Ross I like your shirt" to an unexpeted hug or a random shout from across the playground, "I love you Mrs. Ross" how could I not be happy and in a good mood? We get to go on fun field trips and celebrate every Holiday to the extreme. Plus, no two days are ever the same, I never know what may happen.
Working at an elementary school is such a fun and rewarding place to work. It is nearly impossible to be in a bad mood here, the kids always find a way to cheer me up. Whether with a random compliment: "Mrs. Ross I like your shirt" to an unexpeted hug or a random shout from across the playground, "I love you Mrs. Ross" how could I not be happy and in a good mood? We get to go on fun field trips and celebrate every Holiday to the extreme. Plus, no two days are ever the same, I never know what may happen.
4. STEPHANIE
My best friend, she is so great and even though we have lived across the country from each other for the last 4 years (wow, I can't believe it has been that long) we haven't missed a beat. She is always there for me to listen and give advice (or not give advice when I don't want it, ha ha) She always seems to truly care about whatever it is that is important to me at that moment. I cherish our long phone calls and couldn't ask for a better friend!
5. BECKAM & MAILEN
My Nephew and Niece
I don't feel like I really need to explain that one...the pictures speak for themselves ADORABLE!


No comments:
Post a Comment