Well, I am on Day 8 of the whole IVF Stimulation Medication (ie SHOTS)
and I am hanging in there....
Like I said last time, I went to the Dr on Tuesday morning (5/31) and though the Nurse doing the Ultrasound saw tons of little Follicles, when my actual nurse called me that afternoon I learned that the amount of follicles doesn't really matter it is the BIG ones we want, we are talking
Quality over Quantity here!!!
Quality over Quantity here!!!
On Tuesday I had 6 Follicles that were big enough to be measured (which means they are over a centimeter long, crazy huh!)
Anyways, the Nurse told me on Tuesday that I was to add that dreaded third shot - which is to be given in the mornings-
(talk about a fun way to start your day, a nice big shot in the stomach from your not quite awake yet husband)
as well as up my dosage of the Menopur shot *of course the more painful of the two*
(talk about a fun way to start your day, a nice big shot in the stomach from your not quite awake yet husband)
as well as up my dosage of the Menopur shot *of course the more painful of the two*
Today(6/2/):
I had yet another Dr apt this morning and this time I had 11 Follicles that were measuring over 1cm, Hooray!
I am still waiting from my call from the nurse today to give me my "protocol" for tonight but I am scheduled to go back into the doctor’s office again tomorrow morning to see how things are progressing.
The good news is that things are moving along as they should and we are still looking at having our Egg Retrieval on Monday (6/6) if not sooner...
***
On a more personal note, I am going to be one HAPPY lady when these shots are over & done with. All these extra hormones are doing a number on me.
Side Effects thus far:
Side Effects thus far:
I have intense headache's everyday which I can only take Tylenol for (Bummer since I am more of an Ibuprofen girl usually, Tylenol isn't quite strong enough)
I feel so full and bloated all the time (no kidding... all those 1 cm long follicles growing inside me)
My emotions are all over the place, yesterday I was on the verge of tears all day and finally broke into tears when it was time for my 8:00pm shots... Poor Winship ;)
I can't work out! Even just taking poor Henry on a walk is getting tough. My ovaries are so enlarged that it is super uncomfortable and I have a hard time breathing...
{Oh the joys}
So I am trying to remember this little quote:
"...No one said it would be EASY,
They only said it would be WORTH IT!"
-Anonymous
You are so tough. I can't believe your follicles size and the number of them. Keep positive, your body is doing amazing things. Still praying for you.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!! All those side effects are preparing you for your pregnancy... sounds just like it! Can't wait to hear the good news soon. :)
ReplyDeletexoxo